[pmmail-list] Feature request - re dragging in PMMail 2000

Frank Winkler - Sun Germany - Enterprise Services pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:34:31 +0200 (MEST)

 >>No, I think I now remember the culprit. I configured my OS/2 to let the
 >>LMB drag objects (AFAIR this defaults to RMB or so) and I think this
 >>interfgeres with the selection thing. I never understood why OS/2 wants
 >>to separate those two actions ...
 >
 >Now you know ;-)
 >Honestly, I think, this was one of the wise decisions when designing
 >the WPS. Dragging with MB1 is really a PITA in Windows - every second

Hey - don't accuse me a Windoze user! ;) I'm not one of those poor guys.

 >time I want to select and drag a file, I end up in the file name edit,
 >I cannot select multiple files easily by pointing to them one by one
 >with MB1 pressed (must use Ctrl+ single click) etc. pp.

Ok ... but I consider it confusing when I steadily have to switch between
LMB and RMB for selecting and dragging - and I'm also used to do it all
with LMB from X11, which I was already using before OS/2.

Well ... but that's a problem now :/ ...

 >And YES, there is this little bug in PMMail. If you are reading a
 >message at the moment and wnat to select, say this message and the next
 >10, pressing Shift and selecting the 11th message will not do, but
 >selecting the current message again and the Shift-MB1 the 11th will.

Couldn't see this for obvious reasons ;) ...

Regards

Frank Winkler                                 frank.winkler@germany.sun.com
Sun Microsystems - Remote Admin Center
Sonnenallee 1                                       Voice +49 89 46008.2755
85551 Heimstetten - Germany                           Fax +49 89 46008.2740