[pmmail-list] Return receipts

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:22:40 +0200 (MES)

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:35:30 -0400, Steve Marvin wrote:

> So to have a user hook send a message to the address in either of the
> tags in question one must:

   The OS/2 version of PMMail comes with a program named PMMsend.exe which can
be used to send to an arbitrary address. This is missing in the Windows
version. It is quite high up on my wishlist. I'm not sure, but it seems to me,
that this program was needed by PMInews. PMMsend.exe puts the message to be
sent in the outbox of the default or selected account; depending on the
settings it might be sent out immediately by PMMail.

   A workaround for Windows user is to use e.g. BLAT which submits the message
right away to an SMTP-server; this requires an open Internet connection, of
course. A message sent by BLAT would not be registered in the Sent folder of
PMMail. Blat.exe is written to be used in a script, blat.dll for use by
application programs. Find out more about BLAT at
http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html or www.blat.net.

MfG,
Lüko Willms