[pmmail-list] Return receipts

Steve Marvin pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:42:25 -0400

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:22:40 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:35:30 -0400, Steve Marvin wrote:
>

>> So to have a user hook send a message to the address in either of the
>> tags in question one must:
>
>   The OS/2 version of PMMail comes with a program named PMMsend.exe which can
>be used to send to an arbitrary address. This is missing in the Windows
>version. It is quite high up on my wishlist. I'm not sure, but it seems to me,
>that this program was needed by PMInews. PMMsend.exe puts the message to be
>sent in the outbox of the default or selected account; depending on the
>settings it might be sent out immediately by PMMail.

Unfortunately I am temporarily on WindowsNT only. I used PMMSend extensively
on OS/2. I suspect one could write this functionality into a script or executable
by putting a completed message in the outbox, adding it to the folder.bag file
and sending F5 to PMMail - I've never tried this though.

Would really be nice to have access to some of PMMails functionality through
an API programmatically.

>   A workaround for Windows user is to use e.g. BLAT which submits the message
>right away to an SMTP-server; this requires an open Internet connection, of
>course. A message sent by BLAT would not be registered in the Sent folder of
>PMMail. Blat.exe is written to be used in a script, blat.dll for use by
>application programs. Find out more about BLAT at
>http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html or www.blat.net.

BLAT does not handle authenticated SMTP or POP-SEND either.