[pmmail-list] Filter completion message

Andrew C++ Pitonyak pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:37:13 -0400

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:43:57 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

>Am I the only one who dislikes the "filtering complete" dialog?
>
>After setting up a manual filter to do a "Save as spam" for that new
>fancy anti-spam method its driving me nuts.
>Dave Saville
>Please note new email address dave.saville@ntlworld.com

Dave,

I save all of my spam in two stages (as outlined at
http://www.pitonyak.org/spam.php) First I send it to a tentative spam
folder and then I manually move it to the verified spam folder. When I
want to improve the spam recognition capabilities, I re-index my entire
set of email. On my computer I can scan more than 1000 messages a minute.
So, every month or so I rebuild my indexes. All of the files used are
posted at the link above.

Andrew Pitonyak