[pmmail-list] please be fair with your customers

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:40:26 +0100

--=.NlSSikBt?(f'z=

On Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:32:09 +0200 (CDT) in
3E71D115007E211D@smtp4.cp.tin.it "Massimo @ eCS.it"
<massimo@ecomstation.it> wrote:

> I (as other users) M U S T know if after the windows version will be
> completed we have the porting (wxwindows libs, afaik) to the eCS-Os/2
> platform.
>
> I have to know this know, since if not i must migrate asap to another
> email client.
>
> Please be honest and tell us your plans.
>
> Yes or not.
>
> I repeat, yes or not.
>
> Regards.

Don't be waiting on a reply, for BSW this is a matter of effort and cost
versus return. So far they hope that they will be able to port the new
Windows version to OS/2 (and maybe Linux) using the wxWindows libraries,
however to date these are not complete enough to do it. They may never
be.

I continue to use PMMail 2K on Windows at present, but as soon as I can
get Sylpheed-Claws stable enough on the Win32 platform I will migrate.

Very sad, but I decided to move from OS/2 after a machine failure and in
order to use the new hardware I bought I would have needed to buy a new
version then chase around looking for the right updates. I was not
confident I could find the time or be sure that the updates were freely
available due to the apparent need to purchase the Software Choice
package from IBM, that was the killer for me.

I would have liked to keep going with OS/2, I could not, so that's it.

--

Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

--=.NlSSikBt?(f'z=