[pmmail-list] please be fair with your customers

Steve Marvin pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 03 Apr 2003 12:28:19 -0500

On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:34:55 -0500, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 08:40:26 +0100, Brian Morrison wrote:
>
>>I continue to use PMMail 2K on Windows at present, but as soon as I can
>>get Sylpheed-Claws stable enough on the Win32 platform I will migrate.
>
>Can you provide any more information about Sylpheed-Claws? I browsed
>some and found some information, but not a lot of details. I saw there
>was a FAQ, but not for the -Claws version.

http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/
It is a quote "bleeding-edge" unquote branch off of sylpheed.

Another quote from the web site:

"... but if you want stability use Hiroyuki's stable branch.
If you're curious which features could end up in the stable branch,
or if you like testing/crashing things a lot try this bleeding edge branch."

The differences between Sylpheed and the -Claws branch can be found
on that web site on the features page.

>How does it compare to PMMail in terms of multiple account support?
>Filters?

Someone who uses it would have to answer this, the features page says
that it has both and the filtering looks fairly powerful to me (I have
been keeping an eye on discussions for a while).

>What language is it written in? I saw some C. Is that mostly what it is
>in, or is there also some C++ or other languages.

Written in C.