[pmmail-list] Crash on reindex

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 16:18:02 -0500

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:23:02 -0600 (MDT), David K. Stevens wrote:

>What does one do when the Reindex function causes a hard crash of PMMail?  I've been using it for
>years and only now this happens.

It sounds as if you may have a corrupted message in your folder. One
way to check is to scroll through all the messages in your message list
and see if they are displayed correctly in the preview pane.  If one of
them crashes PMMail then you've located the problem message.  Another
method would be to create a temporary folder and move groups of
messages from the problem folder into it.  After each move, reindex the
temporary folder.  If it doesn't crash, then repeat the process with
the next group of messages.  If it does crash, then you've narrowed the
problem down to the last group of messages you moved and then it should
be easy to locate the problem message and remove it.

Ralph Cohen