[pmmail-list] Filter enhancement

J Seder pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:47:48 -0700

It would be very nice if PMMail could, before applying filters, strip
HTML comments and perform base64 expansion.

For example, I have received a large number (>1000) of unsolicited
commercial e-mail messages in the past few days that include something
like this:
	I<!-ignore>H<!-ignore>I
I filter on the "IHI" string (substitute H for I and G for H) - but
with the HTML comments my filter passes this stuff.

base64 encoding is widely used for the same purpose, so if it could be
expanded before filters are applied, the filters would be much more
useful.

Just a thought.