[pmmail-list] Repairing PMMail/2 Provided Dictionary

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:07:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:55:45 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:42:43 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:
>
>> 	dictot.dic
>> How can these words be deleted?
>>
>> I tried just editing the file and deleting the incorrect words.  But,=

>> after doing so, it was impossible to spell check valid words.  e.g., =

>It
>> did not like "my" as a simple word.
>
>  I have never really cared about this dictionary, but I would think
>that there is some relationship between the dictot.hdr and dictot.dic
>files, and that deleting some text from dictot.dic destroys the
>relationship between the two.
>
>  Maybe you can go back to the original files and then add just those
>words which you want to add from your personal word usage.
>
>Yours,
>L=FCko Willms

L=FCko, the problem is not that I want to *add* to the dictionary, the
problem is that there are *incorrectly* spelled words in that file that
I want to *remove*.  If I mistype something, I don't want the
dictionary to play like the word is OK because it does not know better.
 Editing my personal dictionary has not been a problem.

Yes, there does seem to be a relationship.  It's just that whatever the
relationship is, I don't know how to modify both files to get rid of
the 'bad' words.

Carl