[pmmail-list] Filter -> Canned Reply stopped working?

Dean Boulding pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:55:17 +0700

All,

I had a weird thing happen today, and am looking for any advice / feedback.

I have several computers and email accounts at work. One account serves no purpose
except to handle irregular messages bounced from an autoreply email address -- the
autoreply address (on an almost dedicated computer) automatically sends the
requested document, via canned reply.  If it cannot understand it, it bounces the
message to a second address.  So far so good.

On my personal computer, I review all the bounced messages.  I have set up a few
manual filters to automatically feed canned replies with the appropriate attachments
-- for example, although I specify in the public announcement that requesters should
sent a message with the subject of "new labour law", it is not unusual to get a
message with the subject "new labor law".  These I handle manually, by right-
clicking on the message then selecting the appropriate filter, which sends the
appropriate canned reply.

These filters should work on any message; they filter based on "@" in the header.

They did work until today.  Today, when I right-click on a message, the message is
tagged as I want it, moved to the appropriate filter, but no canned reply is sent.
The canned reply still exists.  I have tried renaming all relevant files / filters,
to no effect.

The sequence of operations in my filter is:
1.  Send canned reply "name"
2.  Set status "reply"
3.  Move message to folder "InfoSent"

Any ideas why this would suddenly stop working?

TIA,

Dean

Dean Boulding, Jennifer Crocker, and kids
Jakarta Indonesia