[pmmail-list] question about filter sounds

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:40:11 -0700

Hi all, I wanted to change one of the sounds on one of my filters, for
a change, and so I changed the path to a different drive, where I had
the sound located, but when messages came in, even though the
information was correct in the edit filter dialog, no sound came when
messages came in to that folder, so, a question, do all sound files,
either 1, have to be of one file type, 2, have to be in the same folder
and 3, need to be on the same drive?  The file in question I want to
use is a .mp3 file, and if those won't play, then, I'll change it to a
.wav file, but it seems that it should play, unless filter sounds are
only .wav files because they're played by media player, would like some
help with this, and thanks, in advance.
Marty