[pmmail-list] Syncing/Sharing mail between 2 copies of PMMail

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:53:59 -0400

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:19:40 -0700 (PDT), Ni Mh wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using separate copies of PMMail at the office and
>at home. The office copy is installed on a laptop
>which I'm able to bring home as and when is needed. Is
>there any way I can sync the 2 copies so that they
>share a common mail database? What is the most
>efficient way to do this?
>
>Thanks.
>
>CK

  Which one do you use/need more?  I'd suggest retrieving mail the
normal way on that machine and using remote control to screen your mail
on the other machine.

  Using remote control you can look at the list of messages and either
retrieve the messages, retrieve copies (so you can get the message on
your other machine later), delete them at the server without retrieving
them, or do nothing.

  I use my laptop infrequently at work and when I travel and I use
remote control exclusively on the laptop.  That way I can just retrieve
copies of messages on the laptop and still the get message on my home
pc later.

  Remote control is very powerful once you get the hang of it.

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com