[pmmail-list] Syncing/Sharing mail between 2 copies of PMMail

Wendell Brown pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:58:33 -0500

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:53:59 -0400, Wayne Dunham wrote:

>>I'm using separate copies of PMMail at the office and
>>at home. The office copy is installed on a laptop
>>which I'm able to bring home as and when is needed. Is
>>there any way I can sync the 2 copies so that they
>>share a common mail database? What is the most
>>efficient way to do this?

One option is to set the machine at the office to "Leave Messages On
Server" and have it poll every 5 minutes (or whatever) --- this means
leave it on at night polling!

Then set the machine at home to NOT "Leave Messages On Server".

What happens is that the office machine grabs the message almost as
soon as it hits the pop server, then the machine at home grabs and
DELETES all messages since the last time it runs.

I have used this method for years and it works like a champ!