[pmmail-list] [mkc] Filter question

Mike Kilroy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:06:35 -0400

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_0265544=_=_=_

someone recently mentioned http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

WOW!!  Free (I'm going to donate!) spam filter that WORKS! Is easy to
use.  I have only 2 buckets set up: spam and mkc(all my good mail).
It is at 98.2% correct classifying of spam to a spam folder for me
now in 2 days!

THIS might be a better solution than your own homemade filter.  I too
had homemade filters for spam and used to catch about 1/3 of them -
kept adding new keywords everyday to my filters too.  This new thing
is based on algorithms rather than keywords and really seems to work.

Hope it is ok to say this on the list since it is a free program, and
really has enhanced my Pmmail experience!

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:36:05 -0400, Carl S. Hayes (AKA Business
Intelligence) wrote:

>How do I write a filter that will search the subject or better
>yet the body of a message to key on either a word or words
>and move the message(s) to say a review folder.
>
>At our church it is hard to believe the Email that they receive.
>It is really getting out of hand.
>
>As best I can tel there is no way to search the body for a word  or
>words, and for example if I have a filter for the h.suvject="xxxx" and
>we get an Email with XXX or xxx in the subject it jus bypasses
>the filter and goes to the inbox.
>
>I would like to use a 'Comples Filter' and add to it as new Emails come
>in.
>
>Any an all assistance would be deaply appreciated!
>
>Carl
>

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

Mike, AC8V

              \\|//
           (  o . o  )
-----o00o------(_)------o00o-----

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_0265544=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT FACE="Courier New" DEFAULT="FACE"><FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">someone recently mentioned http://popfile.sourceforge.net/<BR>

<BR>

WOW!!  Free (I'm going to donate!) spam filter that WORKS! Is easy to use.  I have only 2 buckets set up: spam and mkc(all my good mail).  It is at 98.2% correct classifying of spam to a spam folder for me now in 2 days!  <BR>

<BR>

THIS might be a better solution than your own homemade filter.  I too had homemade filters for spam and used to catch about 1/3 of them - kept adding new keywords everyday to my filters too.  This new thing is based on algorithms rather than keywords and really seems to work.<BR>

<BR>

Hope it is ok to say this on the list since it is a free program, and really has enhanced my Pmmail experience!<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:36:05 -0400, Carl S. Hayes (AKA Business Intelligence) wrote:<BR>

<BR>

&gt;How do I write a filter that will search the subject or better<BR>

&gt;yet the body of a message to key on either a word or words <BR>

&gt;and move the message(s) to say a review folder.<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;At our church it is hard to believe the Email that they receive.<BR>

&gt;It is really getting out of hand.<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;As best I can tel there is no way to search the body for a word  or<BR>

&gt;words, and for example if I have a filter for the h.suvject="xxxx" and<BR>

&gt;we get an Email with XXX or xxx in the subject it jus bypasses<BR>

&gt;the filter and goes to the inbox.<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;I would like to use a 'Comples Filter' and add to it as new Emails come<BR>

&gt;in.<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Any an all assistance would be deaply appreciated!<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Carl<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------<BR>

&gt;To POST to the list, send your message to:<BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;with the first line of the message body being...<BR>

&gt;---------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>

&gt;<BR>

<BR>

</HTML>

<HTML>
<LEFT>
<FONT FACE="Courier New" COLOR="#000001" SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="ALL">
Mike,&nbsp;AC8V<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;\\|//<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;(&nbsp;&nbsp;o&nbsp;.&nbsp;o&nbsp;&nbsp;)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_0265544=_=_=_--