[pmmail-list] Unsubscribe statement

Rod.. Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:18:01 +1000

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:23:29 +0200 (CDT), Winfried Tilanus wrote:

>Somebody wrote, it doesn't matter who, wrote:
>
>>i really hope that soon BSW will chease support also for the win32 version, and you like mr Luek. will get in the same troublesome situation.
>
>I have been member of this list and its predecessors for many years.
>Although there has always been some level of frustration with the
>amount of support from southsoft and BSW, the level of frustration has
>slowly been increasing. In the same time the 'thickness' of useful
>information and tips on this list has slowly been decreasing. In my
>opinion a list like this should be a place where users of the program
>can find inspiration for new and creative ways to use the program, it
>should not be a derailed selfhelp group for 'victims of the bad and
>ugly owners of the program'. The people on the list are free to think
>different on this, it is not up to me to decide what they want to do
>with this list. Only the list has reached the point where it is for me
>more of an annoyance than an inspiration.
>
>If you want to reply to me personally, or if you want me see your
>follow up to this mail, please mail it to my privately, I am
>UNSUBSCRIBED.

You are all crazy.

BPSW is ignoring you all. You now fight like children of the same
parents. Your dismay is presented like the sons vs the daughters.

Whom the gods would destroy they first make crazy..

I doubt that anybody from BSW is listening. If this site is alive it
must be running on empty.

Here is a reply to an email of mine to BSW back in 99. It is from Tom
Bradford abnd quotes my message well enough:

=====<QUOTE>===
Hi,

>I am about to undertake two tasks each of which has an element of interest for your company.

That's always nice to hear. ;-)

>1 What (text, graphics etc) materials can you provide to dress up the email part of the
>presentation and training.

Well, as far as hardcopy material, there isn't any available for PMMail
per se.   There have been reviews in major magazines, and there some
web magazine reviews available.     I realize these aren't proper
marketing materials, but hopefully a few minutes to see how easy it is
to use PMMail will offset that somewhat.

Definitely we'll make attractive reseller pricing available for the
type of volume you're talking about doing and I would go so far as to
say we'd be willing to set you up as a Master Distributor and make your
reseller prices cumulative so that you'd get the lowest price even if
you are selling to a new customer.

>2 What would you use for the internal mail server and sending/receiving internet mail (SMTP out
>and POP3 in)? The internal server is a Warp 4 box and we'll probably be running Igate as a proxy
>server with DOD, maybe Domino Go Webserver for the intranet (how I hate that word!) and so on.

Definitely go with Hethmon Brothers mailer server - you can download a
working copy at their website at http://www.hethmon.com.    It'll do
everything you need (and more) and you'll be buying from a company with
a history and a good reputation for program quality and support.   For
a robust, mission critical OS/2 mail server solution I wouldn't
recommend anything else.

Thanks
Thomas

-----

Thomas Bradford
BMT Micro, Inc.
----</QUOTE>===

Now here is my follow up mail:
<quote>

On Tue, 11 May 1999 17:34:55 -0400, Thomas Bradford wrote:

>Well, as far as hardcopy material, there isn't any available for PMMail
>per se.   There have been reviews in major magazines, and there some
>web magazine reviews available.     I realize these aren't proper
>marketing materials, but hopefully a few minutes to see how easy it is
>to use PMMail will offset that somewhat.

Wouldn't mind some graphics I can use in a Freelance presentation. Any
available?
GIFs or Jpegs or whatever would be fine! I have a stand-up session for
the whole gang before I
teach 4 groups of about 10 all about the internet in 4 ONE HOUR
sessions (i.e. they get about 55
minutes of guided hands-on - total - per person!)

BTW I'd love it if the OS/2 version did coloured links and viewing of
the HTML that some people
think is better than ASCII for the body of messages.... but don't lose
my multithreaded mail
scans on my 5 accounts at once either!!!!

>Definitely we'll make attractive reseller pricing available for the
>type of volume you're talking about doing and I would go so far as to
>say we'd be willing to set you up as a Master Distributor and make your
>reseller prices cumulative so that you'd get the lowest price even if
>you are selling to a new customer.

Sounds good but this one is not to make me a profit (it would be a
conflict of interest) so I'd
have to pass on the savings, however it would be very interesting for
me to get as many of the
250 stores on line (and with the one software) as possible. Then I
could go after the rest of
the market... hmmmm.. What kind of numbers are we talking price and
sales to get going?

I'll give you some wishlist items soon but maybe you are already
thinking about one... Linux?
We love to see good stuff that we can use without being tied to one OS.
No zealotry here. Don't
really like Windows much but it is there... Linux makes real good
servers now and desktops are
well on the way with Star Office and Applix doing the suites for
starters. My DB2 net.commerce
students can't wait for a Linux port and Domino is going to happen so
jump on early my friends.

Anyway please see what text you can send that I can plant in my
standups and demo slides and
Graphics too if at all possible. It is damned hard doing it all by hand
for a left-brainer like
me - ok?

thanx for the response so far,

Best,
Rod

To quote the masters:
The rest is silence!

There was no reply to a request for a quote to supply 250 copies of
PMMail.

With idiocy like that go figure why there is no support now.

Where is Trevor? Where is Jimmy?
Where is the biggie, TB?

This bird is running on empty.

Too dumb to make money................