[pmmail-list] Is PMMail going anywhere? (I hope so)

Michael Lueck pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 08:07:32 -0400

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:59:06 +0100, Jason wrote:

>The real question is, how will BSW be able to turn PMMail into a
>profitable product that gets high quality developers making it into the
>world's most powerful email client

It already is best, most powerful, bla bla bla... Just has a few sharp spots,
annoying things, etc... The issue is that people of this world typically don't
want the best, they settle for cheap and cra*y. M$ LookOut comes free with the
OS, does email, OK cool all set, don't need anything else. AOL, CI$, etc...
email clients, Yahoo, HotMail web accounts, etc.... Larger shops need Notes.
There is not a huge market for PMMail.

The best they can hope for is for small biz consultants (like myself) to
standardize all of their clients on it. As well, OEM deals (delete those
LookOut icons and put PMMail icons in their place!)

I can perfectly understand they need to take care of the section of their
client market that pays the bills for now, who couldn't?

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/