[pmmail-list] virus kills pmmail

Dave Saville pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:10:36 +0100 (BST)

I am using pmmail2.10.2010 OS/2 version. I also use Norman AV. Today
I got sent a, spam with a worm in it. NAV caught the worm but pmmail
closes.

Every time I restart pmmail it refetches the offending mail and
crashes. I can't open the message to see what the mail is.

I disabled my network connection, started pmmail, enabled the LAN &
went to remote control and deleted everything that looked like spam.
Luckily there were *only* 100 message to plough through - 'cos I
can't read the bloddy mail to find the subject :-(

PMmail should handle this more gracefully - or is it a problem with
Norman?

--
Regards

Dave Saville