[pmmail-list] virus kills pmmail

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:49:43 -0400

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:10:36 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville
wrote:

>I am using pmmail2.10.2010 OS/2 version. I also use Norman AV. Today
>I got sent a, spam with a worm in it. NAV caught the worm but pmmail
>closes.
>
>Every time I restart pmmail it refetches the offending mail and
>crashes. I can't open the message to see what the mail is.

Exactly the same thing happend to me ... a LOT  (several
times a week) .... when I was running a dialup through
attglobal.net ... and I could avoid it in the same way you
did.

But it has not happened to me in about 8 months (since I
switched to earthlink.net cable) ... I was using the ISP
supplied SPAM blockers in both cases, and I still
occasionally receive viruses, that Norton trapped, but I
haven't had that problem since the switch to earthlink
cable.  Don't know if it's just luck, the different SPAM
blocker or some other aspect of the ISP that's saving me.
But is sure is nice to not have that problem any more.

SteveB