[pmmail-list] Deleting trash icon bug?

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:04:36 -0400

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:41:29 -0500, Dave wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:29:11 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:
>
>>Right click on the trash folder and "mark unread as read"?
>
>First thing I tried, because it seemed obvious.  Then  I tried
>marking a message as unread, then marking the trashcan read.  Didn't
>work.

Here's the procedure I use to fix this problem.

1.  If your Trash folder has any subfolders, check to be sure there are
no unread messages in them and and then shut down PMMail.

2.  Go to the subdirectory containing the trash folder and find the
file named folder.ini and make a backup copy you can restore in case of
any problems.  Then, open the folder.ini file in a text editor and you
should see short, one-line string similar to the one below from my
Inbox folder:

 Inbox|1|0|3;2;6;4;8;5;7;9;0;1|0|1|0|6|

3.  Note that the next to the last character in the string is a 6. Any
character other than a 0 in that position, however, indicates that
there are unread messages in the folder or its subdirectories and
causes the folder icon to display the downward arrow.  Change the next
to the last character to a 0 - as shown below - and then save the file.

Inbox|1|0|3;2;6;4;8;5;7;9;0;1|0|1|0|0|

When you restart PMMail, the folder icon should display properly.

Ralph