[pmmail-list] Deleting trash icon bug?

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:22:33 -0400

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:41:29 -0500, Dave wrote:

>First thing I tried, because it seemed obvious.  Then  I tried
>marking a message as unread, then marking the trashcan read.  Didn't
>work.
>
>FWIW, I am using 2.02.2717 Pro for Windoze, although my headers clue
>you in on that.

That's what I'm using as well. Either I'm misunderstanding the problem,
or there is some bug that pops up in your specific conditions.

I think it might be both. I missed that you filtered directly to trash,
then deleted them from there. Would reindexing make a difference?

Suggestion: when you filter directly to Trash, mark it as read first in
the filter.

Suggestion: change your Trash folder properties to not indicate new
mail in the trash.

Naturally, these suggestions won't work for you if you want to see if
there are unread messages in the trash.

Also, I tried reproducing the problem you describe, and can't, so there
is something else funny going on.

Sorry I can't be of more help.