[pmmail-list] SMTP mail receive

Dave pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:25:30 -0500

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:58:19 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:

>I've written this several times to the list (and don't mind doing
>it again, but kind of wish that BSW would put it up on their website
>as an FAQ).   A number of people have complained over the years
>that PMMail needs a "filter to a different" account function (where
>over the years means for well more than 6 years), and every time I
>reply that "it works for me".   Then they read the way it is done and
>decide they'll just "wait until it is implemented."    They're still
>waiting, and I've been using it daily for more than 6 years now.....

Bruce,

Thanks for being patient with us.  If I kept printouts, I would
print it out and keep it.  As it is, I'll try to store it in a
safe place.

I understand how you are doing this.  It is a really cool
workaround.  Maybe you can tell me if it will work for me, but I
fear it won't.

Both my Foo and Bar accounts access the server via POP3.  I would
like to move messages from Foo to Bar, but that means Bar would
need to be SMTP, not POP3.  In this case, you create another dummy
account that reads the Bar POP3 server and saves it as a file for
Bar to read via SMTP?  That is, you need two accounts to be able
to get Bar mail?

Wouldn't you agree that it would be plainer for someone to have
one account to read all their mail?  It would be a lot easier to
simply have the Foo account able to hand off the email to Bar.

That's why I consider a workaround.  You are going through
innovative steps to implement a missing feature.

Thanks, really thanks, for being patient and posting this again.
I very much appreciate it.  Its a workaround I probably will use.

Dave