[pmmail-list] Default Font - what are they?

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:12:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 04:03:34 -0500, Hazen Woods wrote:

>The subject says it all.  What are the default fonts?  Applies to both OS/2 and Windows versions, but
>particularly Windows.
>
>Help is of no help on this one.
>
>TIA
>
>Hazen Woods

Hazen,

Can't help you with Windoze.  BUT, in OS/2, the fonts can be set by
using the Font-Pallet tool.  Using the tool, you pick the one you want
and drag/drop it in the section of the PMMail/2 window that you want to
change.  I have done this for several segments of the window to make
the messages fit in the field size provided.  [The field size cannot be
changed.]

Also, Re: dropping an underlined font
I'm not sure how this can ever be handled.  PMMail/2 is a PLAIN TEXT
based package.  This means no fancy fonts, pictures, etc.  Which, FWIW,
is just fine with me.  [And, PLEASE, everyone, DO NOT START a Text/HTML
discussion!  That horse is DEAD!]  So, with a plain-text design, I
suspect you can drop any font, even underlined, in an area of the
window and it will apply to that window.  I doubt, though, that there
is any way to apply a variety of fonts to selected portions of text.

Carl