[pmmail-list] Surge in Junk email?

Duncan Way pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:56:24 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:26:38 -0500, Wayne Dunham wrote:

>On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:04:08 -0500, Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>>I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a surge in junkmail in the past
>>couple of days?  I usually get 200-300 junk emails a day but already
>>today - between 6am and noon - I received 277.  I got a similar surge
>>yesterday.  Is anybody else seeing a similar surge or are you guys just
>>bouncing all your junk emails to me?
>>

>  YIKES!!  You're on a bunch of junk mail lists!  I had been getting
>dozens a day,

A little late now for this warning.  DO NOT EVER reply to a spam email that says 'go
here to unsubscribe'.  This only confirms that they have a valid address, and that
info will be given to whoever subscribes to their email database.
Also, read *really* carefully the disclaimers from online vendors.
You may already know all of the above, and have been told this umpteen times, but I
feel it is worth repeating.
You may want to think about changing your ISP, particularly if it is a local (mom &
pop) setup.

Duncan