[pmmail-list] Surge in Junk email?

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:26:38 -0500

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 13:04:08 -0500, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a surge in junkmail in the past
>couple of days?  I usually get 200-300 junk emails a day but already
>today - between 6am and noon - I received 277.  I got a similar surge
>yesterday.  Is anybody else seeing a similar surge or are you guys just
>bouncing all your junk emails to me?

  YIKES!!  You're on a bunch of junk mail lists!  I had been getting
dozens a day, but it was because when my ISP got bought out I had to
change my Email address and they were supposed to shut the old one down
after either 30 or 60 days.  Well they never did and kept forwarding
all the mail from that address.  Everything on that address was Spam
and I had no way of stopping the few that actually would allow me to
stop them because they wouldn't accept an Email from my new address
trying to "unsubscribe" my old email address.
  In actuality since I have an email.com address that I use exclusively
there wasn't any actual mail coming to either my old or new email
address, it was all spam.

  Well in June I finally got cable internet so I got rid of my old ISP
totally.  Up until just the past few weeks my spam dropped to just
about 0.  Well it seems they've finally "found" my email.com address
and I"m starting to get spam again. :(  Nothing like 2-300 a day
though!  Is that all actual spam or is some of it just stuff you opted
in on and never unsubscribed?
  On many sites when you either buy something or register you have to
look closely because they default to setting all the checkboxes
allowing them to inundate you with "special offers", and allowing their
"partners" to have access to your information.

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com