[pmmail-list] Surge in Junk email?

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 23:57:52 -0500

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:17:05 -0800, Tim Roberts wrote:

>Filtering is the answer, not dodging and hiding.

I have to agree,  Changing the email address I've had for years isn't
any more an option for me than moving to a new house to avoid getting
junk snail mail.  I filter out the junk email with almost perfect
accuracy and it generally takes only a few minutes a day to scan
through them before dumping them in the trash folder.  Just to put
things into perspective, however, I receive around 100 legitimate
emails a day so receiving 200-300 junk emails a day isn't too much out
of line.  It's certainly a better ratio of good mail to bad mail than I
get from the post office and I don't have to be bothered with gathering
it up and putting it outside once a week for recycling.

Ralph