[pmmail-list] Scary Out Box

Maynard Riley pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 07 Dec 2003 07:44:45 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:48:54 +1300, Simon wrote:

>For some unknown reason I reindexed my outbox tonight.
>Scarily there were a couple of messages in it!

Wow. My primary account has 13 old messages dating from Feb'98 thru
Jun'02

Some of them would normally have been moved to other folders after
sending, either a manual move out of the Sent folder or a filtered move
on outbound post-send. I found those messages to be indexed in their
proper destination folders, but I couldn't open them because the
content couldn't be located (due to content still being stuck in
Outbox), yet the proper destination folder had indexed the message.

My *_guess_* here is that the move of message from Outbox to Sent or
otherwise by filter, indexes the destination prior to the move; and
that none of this takes place, or the de-indexing in Outbox, until
after the message is successfully sent.

However, I don't have certain evidence that any of the "trapped"
messages were actually sent.

Nice find, Simon.

-- Maynard