[pmmail-list] Scary Out Box

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 09:36:05 -0500

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 07:44:45 -0600 (CST), Maynard Riley wrote:

> Wow. My primary account has 13 old messages dating from Feb'98 thru
> Jun'02

  I know this problem of messages reappearing after re-index will crop up is=
 PmMail crashed or locked up or crashed.  I know it can effect messages=
 being processed, i.e. it locks up or crashes during mail fetch and/or mail=
 send.  I believe I recall that it can also happen if those processes are=
 finished but PmMail locks up afterwards.  The reason if I recall is that=
 some of those indexes don't get written until PmMail closes.

  I have seen it in the past and on some reappearing messages I don't recall=
 if they got sent, or if in the inbox that I ever saw them, but other times=
 I know they were processed properly.

      Wayne Dunham
       waynedunham@email.com