[pmmail-list] Catching passed email file in VisualBasic or VBS

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:27:14 -0800

(replying to my own message...)

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:00:09 -0800, Tim Roberts wrote:

>In Visual Basic, the entire command line (beyond the file name) is
>returned by the global function Command$, as one long string.  For
>multiple arguments, you have to parse it yourself.

As I read this over, I realized it was ambiguous, since the object of this
exercise was to obtain the "file name" passed to this command.  I thought
I should clarify.

When I said "beyond the file name", I meant "beyond the executable file
name".  Many programmers would see the phrase "entire command line" and
automatically assume that included the name of the command itself.  If I
run this:

   MyVBApplication.exe  abc def

then Command$ will return "abc def".
--