[pmmail-list] Filters: Delete Remote & Local... Messages Not Working

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:32:21 -0500 (EST)

Hello One & All,
On 2003-11-20 at 18:47:22, Kenn Yuill stated:

>·I get these "Breaking News" or "Alerts" from news services, the BBC,
>·CBC & CNN, which are usually superfluous after reading, so I set up
>·filters to open the message and delete the remote & local copies.  I
>·am using the "Remote Control" and found that the copy on the server
>·is not deleted.  A change in action to delete only the remote copy
>·works, but there is one in the Inbox, which must be deleted manually.
>· This malfunction occurs with version 2.20.2382 for OS/2.
>·Does anyone have this option of deleting both the local & remote
>·copies of a message working correctly with "Remote Control" or with a
>·manual or timed fetch of e-mail?
>·TIA for your input.

Excuse me for replying to my previous post.

Okay, the lack of a response suggests that no one is using 'Remote
Control' and a filter with the action of deleting both local & remote
copies of a message.  However, it would be very helpful to know if
others have found that this action does *not* work under certain or any
circumstances or with certain versions of PMMail.

Is anyone using a similar filter successfully?

Ciao,
      Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
   Warp 4/FP15 Java 1.18 PMMail/2 2.2 Demo. gLinks 2.1
    Posted from The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
A wise man may look ridiculous in the company of fools.
   - Thomas Fuller