[pmmail-list] Filters: Delete Remote & Local... Messages Not Working

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:55:55 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 14:32:21 -0500 (EST), Kenn Yuill wrote:

>Hello One & All,
>On 2003-11-20 at 18:47:22, Kenn Yuill stated:
>
>>ùI get these "Breaking News" or "Alerts" from news services, the BBC,
>>ùCBC & CNN, which are usually superfluous after reading, so I set up
>>ùfilters to open the message and delete the remote & local copies.  I
>>ùam using the "Remote Control" and found that the copy on the server
>>ùis not deleted.  A change in action to delete only the remote copy
>>ùworks, but there is one in the Inbox, which must be deleted manually.
>>ù This malfunction occurs with version 2.20.2382 for OS/2.
>>ùDoes anyone have this option of deleting both the local & remote
>>ùcopies of a message working correctly with "Remote Control" or with a
>>ùmanual or timed fetch of e-mail?
>>ùTIA for your input.
>
>Excuse me for replying to my previous post.
>
>Okay, the lack of a response suggests that no one is using 'Remote
>Control' and a filter with the action of deleting both local & remote
>copies of a message.  However, it would be very helpful to know if
>others have found that this action does *not* work under certain or any
>circumstances or with certain versions of PMMail.
>
>Is anyone using a similar filter successfully?
>
>Ciao,
>      Kenn

I don't use Remote and when any message is dowloaded to the local
Inbox, the server copy is deleted.  So, I've never had a problem with
stuff left over, except that I have to "Empty the trash" to get rid of
what is deleted locally.  Doesn't matter if the deletions are done
manually or via filters.

Carl