[pmmail-list] can't send message over 141 kb

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:34:22 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:07:35 -0800, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hi list, another friend of mine has pm mail version 2502, and she can't
>forward a particular message, or copy and paste it in to a new message,
>but I was able to copy from the read message window, and paste in to a
>new message, but when I sent the message, just my signiture was there
>with pm mail version 2717.  Is there a limit as to the size of messages
>that can be copied and pasted, and if so, why?  Thanks for helping in
>advance, and if anybody would like to see the message in question, I
>can bounce it to you, but it will not forward, or copy from the preview
>pane.
>Marty

Just how large is this 'particular message' that gets truncated?

I see you are using Win98, so I cannot [as an OS/2 user] comment
directly, but most systems have a maximum size for the clipboard.  If
you are really doing cut/copy/paste, this could be your problem.  But,
I would think that you would get an error if you have a buffer overrun.
 And, certainly, when you do the paste, you would see how much
information is actually put into the new message.

If the text gets to the new message body area, then I know of no reason
it should not be sent by PMMail.  I've never had a 'clipping' problem
with OS/2 and I send some rather long messages.

Carl