[pmmail-list] PMMail fails sending via LAN

Stephen Eickhoff pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:42:14 -0500

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:43:05 -0800 (PST), Fred J. Tydeman wrote:

>On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:58:21 -0500, Stephen Eickhoff wrote:
>
>>>If I boot a eCS 1.1 maintenance partition (fresh install, no updates),
>>>PMMail has no problems sending email.
>>
>>Are you using PPPoE? Last time I checked, OS/2 still cannot automatically
>>adjust its MTU. You may need to set it manually in \tcpip\bin\setup.cmd.
>
>I do not know anything about PPPoE, in particular if I am using it.
>C:\mptn\bin\setup.cmd appears to be the file that should be edited.
>But, I do not know what the MTU should be, nor what command it goes on.

If you're using PPPoE, then you need to start some sort of supporting program
to authenticate you (like PPP over a modem). You probably don't use it, because
you'd know if you had to deal with it. That is the right file, and I believe
you would have to have a line with something like "ifconfig lan0 192.168.0.1
-mtu 1492" when using PPPoE. You'd have to do an "ifconfig -?" from the command
prompt, I don't have an OS/2 box here to check. In any case, this is probably
not your problem.