[pmmail-list] Printing from PMMail a new problem

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:12:31 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 11:49:32 +1100 (AEDT), John Angelico wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I run PMM v2.20.2382 on OS/2 quite happily.
>
>Recently I upgraded hardware and software to modern gear plus eCS 1.13.
>
>Until last week all was well printing from PMM to a HP 6L. However, the HP
>died and has now been replaced by a Kyocera FS-1010.
>
>I can use the printer from all apps including PMMail - sorta!
>
>However, I cannot print the *body* legibly from PMM. What I see is a
>grossly squashed up font which I recognise somewhat, but can't quite place.
>IIRC it's a nice font in its normal spacing, but this is eye-straining!
>
>Funny thing is, the page headers (as found in the PMMail Settings, Printer
>Setup panel) are fine - come out in good old Helv no worries.
>
>Does anyone have experience with these models, and could they tell me where
>to look in either PMMail or the printer setup to select a better font,
>please?
>

>Best regards
>John Angelico

John,

First let me clarify:  This is pure SWAG!  And may be worth what it
costs you!  But, on the other hand, it *may* also help fix the problem.
OK, enough of the disclaimers...

1)  Have you checked the default font for your new printer.  I'm not
sure PMMail/2 sets any particular font, but it may.  Therefore, you may
be getting the default and it may not be what you need/want.

2)  On the chance that PMMail/2 *may* be setting a font, it may be
picking the font from the default font that is set for the text in your
message window.  I have no idea what the default window font is, but
you can set it by using the Font Pallet.  [Select the font and drag it
to the portion of the PMMail/2 window where you want to set the font.]

So, if all else fails, try some of this experimentation.

Carl

BTW, other than the PMMail printing issue, how do you like Kyocera
printer products?  I currently have a 7-year old Lexmark laser with
duplexing that I am afraid may need replacing soon.