[pmmail-list] Filters: Delete Remote & Local... Messages Not Working

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:13:30 -0500 (EST)

Hello Carl,
  This is my reply to your message, sent to
pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com.
On 2003-12-08 at 15:55:55, a message from Carl Gehr stated:

>·I don't use Remote and when any message is dowloaded to the local
>·Inbox, the server copy is deleted.  So, I've never had a problem with
>·stuff left over, except that I have to "Empty the trash" to get rid of
>·what is deleted locally.  Doesn't matter if the deletions are done
>·manually or via filters.
>·
>·Carl

I tried 2 filters, one to delete the remote copy and one to delete the
local one in the Inbox, but only the second one worked as the remote
copy was the one opened.  Unfortunately, changing the second filter to
have it open the message has the same effect of not deleting the remote
copy.  It appears that the action of opening the message by a filter
curtails deletion of the message in that a copy must exist as long as
there is an open message.  However, a change to filter # 2, so that it
places a copy of the message in the Inbox, deletes it and then opens
the message does accomplish my purpose.

As you mentioned, the folder for trash has to be emptied manually,
unless the program is shut down, which is rather archaic IMHO.  Of
course, I have to shut down daily, since there appears to be a memory
usage of about 60+ MB after one day, so I am not sure if the trash is
purged automatically as newer messages are deleted.

Ciao,
      Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
   Warp 4/FP15 Java 1.18 PMMail/2 2.2 Demo. gLinks 2.1
    Posted from The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
Honestly, Dave, I've given this a lot of thought.
I've seen these things before and it has always been human error.
   - HAL9000 - "2001, A Space Odyssey"