[pmmail-list] Filters: Delete Remote & Local... Messages Not Working

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:39:43 -0500 (EST)

Hello Folks,
  This is my update to my own message, sent to
pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com.
On 2003-12-17 at 11:13:30, a message from Kenn Yuill stated:

>·I tried 2 filters, one to delete the remote copy and one to delete the
>·local one in the Inbox, but only the second one worked as the remote
>·copy was the one opened.  Unfortunately, changing the second filter to
>·have it open the message has the same effect of not deleting the remote
>·copy.  It appears that the action of opening the message by a filter
>·curtails deletion of the message in that a copy must exist as long as
>·there is an open message.  However, a change to filter # 2, so that it
>·places a copy of the message in the Inbox, deletes it and then opens
>·the message does accomplish my purpose.

UPDATE:

Although this change to filter # 2 did work on one occasion, it failed
on the next ones, so it was easier to revert to filter # 1 and press
F-7 to do a manual deletion of the open message.

Ciao,
      Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
   Warp 4/FP15 Java 1.18 PMMail/2 2.2 Demo. gLinks 2.1
    Posted from The Beautiful Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
               - A Thought for Today -
"Stupidity is NOT a survival trait."
However, in many large corporations,
a healthy dose of it ensures success.
   - Kenn Yuill (Inspired by a tagline of Julian Thomas)