[pmmail-list] Leaving PMMail for Thunderbird

Patrick R. Sklenar pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:12:57 -0500

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:58:32 +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:

>  On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:38:20 -0500, Patrick R. Sklenar wrote:
>
> >  Bulk rename all .MSG files to .EML files (at the OS level,
>
>  How does one do this please?

I DL'ed and used a tool from shareware.com ("FILE and MP3 Renamer" by L.C.Enterprises).  The direct link to the tool on the vendor site is http://lcen.com/frend.html .  It's shareware, but there's a free 7 day trial and I only needed it for a few minutes - so for my one time need, it was free.

I also believe that JP Software's 4DOS replacement command lines let you do bulk renames, including within subdirectories.  But I haven't gotten around to reinstalling that since I built my new box a month or two ago (lost original s/w and my old registration key won't work with the current versions they have available for DL).  There were also dozens of other mass renaming tools found when I searched shareware.com, so there's lots of options for this.

pat----