[pmmail-list] Leaving PMMail for Thunderbird

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:20:21 -0500

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:58:32 +0700, Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:

>> Bulk rename all .MSG files to .EML files (at the OS level,
>>

> How does one do this please?

  There are a couple ways.  The way I did it was to use a command line
and do a "ren *.msg *.eml".  Pat found a Windows utility that would do
it for the point and click users.   I just looked and I can't see it
right away in my downloads but I know I did download it after he'd found
it.   Ohhhh Pat, what was that program?

  I'm an "old timer" and became very familiar with command line usage.
Although having to do that with M$ command line was a pain in the butt.
I was wishing for my old 4Dos and all it's power to do things like that
without having to drill into each folder separately. :)

      Wayne Dunham
       waynedunham@email.com