[pmmail-list] Feature request on ICSL Messages: Show account name

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 08:11:33 +0100 (MEZ)

  That makes three suggestions on ISCL:

On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:37:25 +0100, Norbert Schmidt wrote:

> >>  I would suggest that the messages generated by the "Inform User"

  i.e. No 1: Add Account name to title of message box

> >I'll second that - it'd be nice if we could do this in a flexible
> >manner too, i.e to be able to specify some of the content
> >of the message displayed, allowing ICSL variables to be used

   i.e. No. 2: add a new Action, i.e. a Message Box with ISCL variables
and static text supplied by the script author;

> and I'll third it. ;-)
>
> Until this feature exists you can emulate it with a small script
> (VBScript, JScript or Perl) by calling "WSCRIPT" in a "foreground
> hook".

   wich makes No. 3: enhance the external hook or add a new type of
external hook where ISCL variables are passed as arguments.

   Frankly, I'm modest ... I could do with No. 1

> I don't know, how much work it would be to integrate "Windows
Scripting
> Host" features into PMMail. User hooks are nice but I would really
like
> to do some Scripting with a more direct interface to the internal
works
> of PMMail.

   would need REXX scripting on OS/2.

   Well, it would be enough to add the Windows version of the original
OS/2 PMMsend.EXE, which is usable from a script and which adds the
outgoing message into PMMail's outbox.

   Besides that, all the message base, address books and so on have
easily readable formats, so that it is easy to write an external program
to work on them.

   I have not yet felt the urge to script PMMail more than I can do it
now. What are you missing?

Yours,
Lüko Willms