[pmmail-list] Grayed-Out Spell Check Function

Stephen Eickhoff pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:31:06 -0500

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:32:29 -0800, Dean Boulding wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:37:40 +0800, woodear@virgilio.it wrote:
>Is there any way I can start PMMail2k so that it reads my mail folders in another
>location without having to resort to specifying this location which is only provided
>in the "Start in ... directory" fields of Windows shortcuts? Presently, I am limited
>to having to navigate through a few layers of "proper" menus before arriving at the
>program group from which I can then start PMMail. Perhaps the ability for the user to
>choose the location of his mail folders can be set in PMMail itself? It would be very
>nice to see this as a future

Why not copy the shortcut to the desktop so you won't have to dig, at least?
Of course, this won't allow you to start up PMMail properly from calls to the
default mail client,
such as "Mailto:" links in browsers and special email keys on keyboards.
Until specifying the mailbox location becomes part of the install process,
you can manually edit the registry.
Open regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\blueprint software
works\pmmail.
Change the value in ShellDirectory to your PMMail2000 folder. You will have
to do this for every user.
I imagine you could add this key to HKEY_USERS\.Default instead to have it
set automatically for new users.
Save this message, as you will have to reset this key if you reinstall the
program.