[pmmail-list] Grayed-Out Spell Check Function

Phil Morgan pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 16:37:48 -0500

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:31:06 -0500, Stephen Eickhoff wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 21:32:29 -0800, Dean Boulding wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:37:40 +0800, woodear@virgilio.it wrote:
>>Is there any way I can start PMMail2k so that it reads my mail folders in another
>>location without having to resort to specifying this location which is only provided
>>in the "Start in ... directory" fields of Windows shortcuts? Presently, I am limited
>>to having to navigate through a few layers of "proper" menus before arriving at the
>>program group from which I can then start PMMail. Perhaps the ability for the user to
>>choose the location of his mail folders can be set in PMMail itself? It would be very
>>nice to see this as a future
>
>Why not copy the shortcut to the desktop so you won't have to dig, at least?
>Of course, this won't allow you to start up PMMail properly from calls to the
>default mail client,
>such as "Mailto:" links in browsers and special email keys on keyboards.
>Until specifying the mailbox location becomes part of the install process,
>you can manually edit the registry.
>Open regedit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\blueprint software
>works\pmmail.
>Change the value in ShellDirectory to your PMMail2000 folder. You will have
>to do this for every user.
>I imagine you could add this key to HKEY_USERS\.Default instead to have it
>set automatically for new users.
>Save this message, as you will have to reset this key if you reinstall the
>program.
>
>----------------------------------
>         Stephen Eickhoff

Anyone had any luck with this approach for changing only the Data (mail
folders) location and not the entire program along with it?

 - - Phil
                               Phil Morgan

                      pmorgan@ATTglobal.net

>From Windows XP Pro (Windows "as it should have been")

         Please post all replies under this message.