[pmmail-list] PGP problem with signatures.

Robert Dahlem pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:15:57 +0100

Martin,

On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 22:00:07 -0700, Martin Moran wrote:

>I have my PGP key set to expire annually.  Unfortunately, PMMail
>refuses to accept the new key, as when I try and sign a message, I
>get "bad password" errors.

This is why I stopped using expiring keys ...

Last time I did the following: Using PGPkeys I added a fake name to my
expired key, not using my real name (i.e. "Old Dahlem exp. 1999") and
used an email address not existing ("old.dahlem@exp.1999.net"). Then I
deleted all real names from the expired key.

Now in PMMail: Account, Properties, Security, press "Add User ID" and
select the new key. Voila.

Regards,
        Robert