[pmmail-list] A compromise: Was Re: Please, No More Discussion Of Html! [Was: Info About

Chris Ayers pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:16:12 US/Pacific

All,

We have people here who are fervently pro-HTML e-mail.  We also have people
here who are just as fervently anti-HTML e-mail.  (Including myself!  <g>)
Might I suggest the following compromise.

Make the processing of HTML e-mail a user-selectable option for each account.
Personally, I really don't care if it is enabled or disabled by default.  It
would not take that long to either enable it or disable it.

The one thing I do not want to see is the start of another pro vs con HTML
e-mail thread like the one that was here a while ago.  I finally set a filter
to delete those messages.  The "discussion" (if you want to call it that) was
not convincing any of the communicators and was, IMHO, very disheartening to
see.  Please, let us all try to keep things civil this time.

Thanks,
Chris