[pmmail-list] Please, I need advice. 2nd request (was Folders changed nests)

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:48:22 +0100

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:04:43 -0600, Hazen Woods wrote:

>More than 25 folders which were in perhaps 6 root level folders are now
>all under one root folder which happens to have been about in the
>middle of the one single root level folder, which still had its
>children properly nested within it.
>
>I'm curious as to what caused this, but of greatest importance - how
>can I restore the proper levels and nests.  There are literally
>thousands of messages involved.

Could it be due to file system errors? Did you use hpfs, ntfs, fat?
Is this os/2 or windows?

>And - unless someone just has to do so, it is not necessary to point
>out that I should have had a *current* backup which unfortunately I did
>not have.

Does *anybody* have a good backup-discipline at home? I think
not... 8-)

>Hope all had a good holiday season.

Kinda... 8-]

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer		Web: http://www.farmaci.uu.se
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,		Phone: +46-18-4714482 >> 5 signals >> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,			Mobile Phone: +46-701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University	Fax: +46-18-471-4474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden		Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.