[pmmail-list] FYI: Exim 4.12 and PMMail/2

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:00:39 +0100 (MEZ)

  In case anybody else runs into the same problems which I had this
morning:

  If your eMail-provider uses Exim 4.12 you need to upgrade your
PMMail/2 to the latest (beta) version 2.20.2382.

  I used 2.20.2370 until earlier today, and this morning I could no
longer send mail via this provider. Calling the tech support there, they
claimed to have changed nothing. As it turned out after one or two long
telephone conversations, they had upgraded their Exim server from 4.10
to 4.12 yesterday: "no change". My goodness...

  The result was that their SMTP server would no longer accept auth
logins after a HELO instead of en EHLO.

  As I said, upgrading my PMMail/2 to 2.20.2382 solved the problem.

  You can see the version of their mail server in the latest "Received:"
header of incoming mail.

Yours,
Lüko Willms