[pmmail-list] PGP key location?

Robert Dahlem pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:51:57 +0100

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:33:45 +0100, Robert Dahlem wrote:

>>We have almost completed the integration of the new PGP SDK and are
>>trying to get a consensus on where users have their PGP keyrings and
>>random seed files stored.

>If you find an existing installation of PGP 6.5.8 the key locations
>are stored in PGPSDK.DAT. This file is located in

>   %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\PGP

>or (in case %USERPROFILE% is not set, i.e. W9x, WME) in

>   %WINDIR%

The code to locate PGPSDK.DAT can be found in some older sources. Try

   http://www.pgpi.org/cgi/download.cgi?filename=pgp651i-win-src.zip

pgpUtilities.c has a function pgpGetPrefsSpec(). That's the code to
locate PGPSDK.DAT. A little more investigation will probably also
reveal the files structure.

Regards,
        Robert