[pmmail-list] PGP key location?

Robert Dahlem pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:33:45 +0100

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:05:00 -0500, PMMail 2000 wrote:

>We have almost completed the integration of the new PGP SDK and are
>trying to get a consensus on where users have their PGP keyrings and
>random seed files stored.

If you find an existing installation of PGP 6.5.8 the key locations
are stored in PGPSDK.DAT. This file is located in

   %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\PGP

or (in case %USERPROFILE% is not set, i.e. W9x, WME) in

   %WINDIR%

Don't be tempted to use %APPDATA%, this points to a localized version
of "Application Data". On my german system this is "Anwendungsdaten".
"Application Data" is hardcoded.

Don't be tempted to use %HOMEPATH%, there is no such thing as
%HOMEPATH% under NT4 nor W2K.

According to Google, PGKSDK.DAT formerly was PGPSDK.PRF in PGP 5.5.x
and PGP_SDK.PRF in PGP 6.0.x

Regards,
        Robert