[pmmail-list] PGP key location?

PMMail 2000 pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:35:01 -0500

Well, I just got what looks to be the next to last build of PMMail with
the new PGP SDK.

After testing and troubleshooting with the installer and keyring
locations, it looks like anything other than the default location will
have to be set manually, for now. With the new version, the installer
will set the path to %PMMail installation folder%\PGP\*.skr-*.pkr  If
your keys are stored elsewhere, you will need to edit these paths from
the PMMail->Properties menu. The changes to the SDK completely removed
any reference to the key location and there was no documentation in the
previous SDK to indicate methods used for locating the correct path. In
order to continue moving forward, we decided that setting this to a
default location would be the simplest solution. The upcoming new
version will be using a new installer (looks like WISE) and we should
be able to perform more configuration during the install/setup routine.

So you will be able to set your paths to PGP, actually, you MUST set
the correct path to your PGP keyrings when upgrading. New installs can
choose to use the default location or specify their own.

As I said, I just received and installed this build, so I will test it
on XP and Win 98 at home tonight and put it up on the FTP server
tomorrow if all looks good. This will still not be the final release
since the updated documentation will not be completed until sometime
tomorrow.

Thank you to those who responded with your information.

--
Brandon T. King

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 1D56 C552 AD92 CDF1  ACCF 39CE 51C6 2DDB