[pmmail-list] Problem bouncing msgs to myself

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 13:10:57 -0400

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:57:40 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Andrew Webber wrote:
>
>> ><awebber@wwwebbers.com>:
>> >This message is looping: it already has
>> >my Delivered-To line. (#5.4.6)
>>
>> I am able to bounce to my Sympatico.ca account, but
>> I get the same error message when I try to bounce back
>> to my wwwebbers.com account.
>>
>> Is there anything I can do to make this work?
>> Am I doing it wrong?
>
>It sounds like the server is adding a line to the headers
>to prevent mail loops; when you bounce the message, it sees
>it and won't continue.  To fix it, you would need to edit
>that line out of the header.

Thanks Steve, I've since changed the way I was getting my mail,
instead of redirecting to my Sympatico account I now have an email
account (with the registrar, actually) and am downloading from
that.

No problem with the looping any more, but now I've got what I'm
sure the old problem I used to have:

I choose to bounce a message, and it goes to my outbox with the
attachment still there, from the original sender to me.  If I open
the message to remove the attachment, the sender becomes myself.
Which makes the result not very useful, I've thus removed the
attachment but can no longer see who sent the original message.

Is there a solution or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
ph 613-797-8123
fx 707-248-1491
------
For PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject