[pmmail-list] Two copies out of sync, how to fix?

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:39:58 -0400

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:10:05 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

>Assuming the two setups are identical, ie setup 2 was made
>by cloning setup 1 then take the latest version of *every*
>file and you should be OK. But if they were created
>differently then the internal folder numbers will be
>different and all the other non .MSG .HDR files will
>be reflect those different numbers.

Thanks Dave, I went ahead and did that, and it seemed to fix the
problem.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 06:56:02 -0400, Mike Kilroy wrote:

>Sure: you have a choice under tools->re-index-> of just a
>folder, a whole account, or ALL accounts (I have like 6
>separate accounts in Pmmail).  No need to do 1 at a time:)

I didn't realize I could do that, guess I've always just
right-clicked on each folder.  It's a great feature!

But I did uncover something interesting when I first started doing
one folder at a time, in addition to recent emails I knew I'd just
copied it, it was turning up hundreds (actually thousands) of old
emails from 1998-99 and from 2001-02!  Was there a version of
PMMail that didn't actually remove .MSG files when you deleted them
from within PMMail?  Or is there another reason this might have
happened?

Thanks again for the advice!

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
ph 613-797-8123
fx 707-248-1491
------
For PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject