[pmmail-list] [mkc] Two copies out of sync, how to fix?

Mike Kilroy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:05:36 -0400

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:34:32 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>I remember setting up PMMail to work across the network when I
>first got the notebook, but I found it was really slow for some
>operations (don't remember what).  I don't remember the indexing
>problem but I think I may have had the desktop icon starting in
>drive J: in which case wouldn't it think its local index files were
>the ones on drive J:?

>In the end, due to the slowness....

Yep, the slowness makes it not usable on a daily basis; it takes forever to MOVE a message to a
different folder and some other things are painfully slow also.  Even worse on a wireless 11mhz
connection rather than the 100mhz ethernet!  It is usefull in a pinch sometimes.

Mike, AC8V

              \\|//
           (  o . o  )